Bredon offers a secure, friendly environment from Key Stage 2, through to Sixth Form.
Curricular and extra curricular focus
We provide a full curriculum of both academic and vocational subjects at GCSE and Advanced level. Yet we fully understand that the way in which each child develops in those subjects is different. Some may learn best in a classroom setting, others will learn through exploration; still others will gain tremendously from the performing arts or from their growing sporting prowess.
“Our son has academically proven that with the right kind of support you can achieve anything. (He) is looking forward to returning to 6th form after five great school years in a safe and fab environment. Thanks to all his teachers.” Parent
The following pages will give you a flavour of the different parts of the school, their character and feel, as well as the subject areas.
Bredon has a long standing reputation for its specialist support for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia and associated learning needs and each child is offered the necessary support and teaching to enable them to make progress.
2018 Exam results headlines
- 100% of the A Level results were A* – C grade
- At A Level 63% of the grades were A* – B grade
- At BTEC Level 3 students achieved 100% pass rate, with many achieving distinction and merit
- For GCSE 63.5% of students achieved grades 9 – 4 (A* – C)
- 100% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 (A* – C) in Spanish and Religious Education
- Across BTEC Level 2 subjects, a 100% pass rate was achieved
2017 Exam results headlines
- BTEC subjects with 100% pass rate
- 63% of the GCSE results were A* – C grade, with 16.7% of the grades being A*/A
- In the subjects of Geography, History and Religious Education, 80% of our students obtained an A* – C grade
- The overall A level pass rate (i.e. the overall percentage of grades A*-E) is 91%, with 47% of students gaining an A*- B grade.
- For AS level the pass rate is 85.7% with 42.9% achieving A* – B grade