Bredon offers a secure, friendly environment from Key Stage 2, through to Sixth Form.
Curricular and extra curricular focus
We provide a full curriculum of both academic and vocational subjects at GCSE and Advanced level. Yet we fully understand that the way in which each child develops in those subjects is different. Some may learn best in a classroom setting, others will learn through exploration; still others will gain tremendously from the performing arts or from their growing sporting prowess.
“Our son has academically proven that with the right kind of support you can achieve anything. (He) is looking forward to returning to 6th form after five great school years in a safe and fab environment. Thanks to all his teachers.” Parent
The following pages will give you a flavour of the different parts of the school, their character and feel, as well as the subject areas.
Bredon has a long standing reputation for its specialist support for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia and associated learning needs and each child is offered the necessary support and teaching to enable them to make progress.
2016 Exam results headlines
- The overall A Level pass rate, grades A*-E, is 100%.
- 100% of students achieved a pass in OCR Sport, OCR Business Studies and OCR ICT, with many achieving distinctions.
- At Level 1 and 2, BTEC students achieved 100% pass rate, many achieving distinctions.
- 59.8% of students taking GCSE qualifications achieved grades A* – C in five subjects or more.
- An overall pass rate of 100% was achieved in Spanish, Geography, Maths higher, Design &Technology and Art & Design.
2015 Exam results headlines
- The overall A level pass rate was 89.5%, with 10.5% of students gaining an A*- B grade.
- 100% of A Level Photography students achieved A-B grades, and in German and Art & Design, 100% of students receiving their AS qualifications secured A-B grades.
- 100% of students achieved a pass in BTEC (Levels 1 & 2) qualifications for Countryside & Environment and also in Engineering.
- In the OCR National qualifications for ICT and Business Studies, Bredon students achieved a 100% pass rate.
- For students taking GCSE qualifications, 62.4% achieved grades A*-C.