At Bredon School it is important that we look beyond life at Bredon and the role of the careers team is to support students by raising their aspirations and helping them plan for their future after they Bredon.
What we offer:
• Lessons on year 9 options
• Lessons on post 16 options
• Lessons on post 18 options
• 1:1 in person appointments with careers adviser
• Personal Action Plan
• Support with UCAS
• Support with college and apprenticeship applications
• Help with CV building
• Mock interview to practice key interview skills
• On going 1:1 nurturing support for students when necessary
• Information on special events, college and university open days
• Liaison with colleges/universities to arrange visits
• Visiting speakers to encourage and inspire
• Liaison with parents
• Drop in sessions once a week for ‘quick’ advice
• Access to Unifrog
• Friendly, approachable and helpful staff
Careers is embedded across the school and delivered Key Stage 3, 4 and 5. Bredon has Gatsby accreditation for our careers programme and students have access to UniFrog with their own personal account to online information, careers diagnosis, and tools to assist their career planning for the future. This can be accessed by students in and out of school and there is a parent/carers section with information on careers and education opportunities.
Many students will commence a one day a week work experience placement, fully supported by the school. Such experience will be tailored to a student’s preferred career choices and give them a further insight into future pathways. These placements are regularly visited by our staff to ensure that the placement is working well.
Workshops on specific themes
Apprenticeship preparation workshop for those in year 13 considering applying for an apprenticeship. This includes practice on group interviews, presentation skills, telephone interviews and group working skills. Students attending this will also progress onto the ‘Mock Interview’ scheme.
All students in year 13 are offered a mock interview to help them practice and prepare for interviews for whatever they progress on to next. We are supported by some wonderful employers who come in to school and give their time to help our students.
The Careers Team is continually looking at how it delivers the careers programme in school to support our students achieve and make their future happen.