Careers and Higher Education
At Bredon we believe that it is important to look beyond life at the school. The careers team aims to support all pupils, raising their aspirations and helping them to plan for the future.
During the course of Year 9, 10 and 11 careers guidance offers insight into future career plans which aid in making GCSE, A-Level and BTEC subject choices, supported by a range of printed and electronic media.
In the Lower and Upper Sixth, pupils:
- Are given information and guidance on university choice and apprenticeship options through careers lessons as well as 1:1 in person appointments with the careers adviser.
- Are encouraged to attend university and college Open Days and other special events.
- Are given support with UCAS, college and apprenticeship applications.
- Are given the opportunity to attend mock interviews in order to practice key skills.
- Are invited to attend an apprenticeship preparation workshop to include group interviews, presentation skills and group working skills.
- Are offered help with building a professional CV.
Pupils may choose to undertake work experience one day a week, tailored to a pupils preferred career choices, these are fully supported by the school and staff regularly visited placements to ensure that they are working.
Together with the Head of Sixth Form and Deputy Head (Academic) the Careers Team are continually reviewing our careers programme in order to support our pupils and make their future happen.